Scheu diy modification

• Hello,

I have an idea but i may need some help from GERMAN engineering.

In the photo you can see the pulley looking similar to the one i ordered. The one i ordered will be 19,035 mm diameter in the center where the belt will be because my Scheu is not 300 but 360 mm.

The height of the pulley will be 1inch= 25,4 mm. Weight will be around 18 grams .

I was thinking about asking Sota to make the lower ( first 5 mm?) part bigger in diameter .Let us say 40 to 50 mm.

I can also add an aluminium or edelstahl ( about 2.8 times heavier) ring myself to the pulley. The motorachse is 6.35 mm so i can make an aluminium ring with a 6.4 mm hole in the center with my GERMAN Trumpf t500. With no other holes such a ring would be around 10,5 grams with 50 mm diameter and 2 mm thickness. As you can it is easy for me to add one or more circles with holes at equal distance so most of the mass of the ring will be on the outside. THEN the flywheel effect will be bigger.

That is why i asked Thomas Scheu to make my platter this way. Up 360mm and down 400 mm so i can still use standard length arms.................

Making the 2 mm ring myself i can create more flywheel effect because it will allow me to put more mass at a greater distance from the motorachse.

The motor will turn 600 rounds per minute.

The complete Sota unit checks the speed of the teller every round the teller makes so every 1,818 seconds ( 33). Then it will slowly adjust the speed before 'he next turn starts"''

IF the electronics are programmed to adjust the speed very quickly it will probably not work because the effect of the flywheel will be that it will not allow to make a quick change. AND it will also be difficult to make a quick change because the 12,6 kilo, 400 mm will resist a speed change too.

I decided to ask German people because they live in an engineering country.

Will adding a ring ( with the numbers of holes i think about it will be maybe just 5 to 8 gram) aluminium give me benefits? The biggest ring i can make on my German machine will be 60 mm. BUT i have to take care the mass is equally distributed as possible.

My pulley has already a bigger diameter than the original one made for 300 mm teller. I forgot how to calculate the flywheel effect but i think adding a 50 mm ring as described above will increase the weight with 50% . Most of the added weight of the ring will be outside the 19 mm diameter of the pulley so it could well be that flywheel effect will go up more than 50%.

Will the extra flywheel effect be bad for the '' motorlager ''?

If it will start making noises after one year it will not be a good idea.

The electronics in the package will make the motor start with 5 rounds per minute so the belt will have a much long life and i think it will also be good for motor life.

Greetings, Eduard

P.s answer in German no problem but i cannot write German, reading is ok

• Well Eduard!

I think that is not so much important to have a "Flywheel-Effect" on the Motor!

Important is the right speed "Diameter " fom the Motor Pulley

Because it is regulated...

The Formula for The Diameter is ::(n¹ x n²) divided (d¹ x d²)

So i hope that i can help you with my broken English

Ahoi

juergen

Alles was Spaß macht ist entweder "unmoralisch","macht dick" oder ist "zu teuer!!!"

(War da etwa Haschisch in dem Schokoladenei)

• Hello Juergen,

Everything is understood. Kein problem.

I must have a French magazinewith an interview with Mr. Ikeda , the designer of the arm and tonabnemer. His turntable used a motor to drive a bigger wheel and then the bigger wheel drives the 40 cm teller. All connected by belts.

The diameter of the pulley will be calculated by Sota and i also can adjust the regulation a little bit.

I can make such a ring in 5 minutes or so and i can attach it with superglue.

If it will give me a very small improvement it will b good investierung.

Asking Sota to make my pulley a bit more special will maybe be 20 euro more expensive.

I think i spend about 150 euro on lead for the total turntable project . So trying to find easy ways to get some more improvements

Greetings, eduard

• Hello,

Here a small update.

I got my Scheu running, still have to adjust the speed in the motor power supply.

Did ask a local company to make two different pulleys one for a rubber belt and one for a mylar belt ( something that looks like a video tape)

The motor is mounted on a kupfer plate and this is mounted onto a pom material housing i designed myself. Under the motor itself is a rectangular hole filled with bleikugeln. In other areas i asked the company to make some deep circular holes filled with blei and closed with schaum oder cork. Total weight around 7 kilo if i remember right.

The yellow bag beneath the platter is filled with blei and can be used to balance the weight ( 40 kilo plus)between the 3 Townshend seismic dempers.

Greetings, Eduard

• Eduard ,da dein Scheu on Steroids jetzt läuft ,wie hört er sich an?

Bist du zufrieden?

Thomas Scheu hat mir früher auch viele Sachen für meine DIY sachen verkauft ,er war ein netter Mensch wir haben öfter bei ihm im Garten gesessen Bier getrunken und Ideen ausgetauscht.Leider hat er sich erschossen,das war traurig.

Mal 2 meiner DIY mit Scheu teilen

analog-forum.de/wbboard/gallery/index.php?image/143131/analog-forum.de/wbboard/gallery/index.php?image/87601/analog-forum.de/wbboard/gallery/index.php?image/143132/

LGAndreas

Wer Rost nicht mag sollte IRON MAIDEN. Glück Auf !

• Hello Andreas,

I can read German but cannot write it.

My Scheu doesnt work yet because i am sdtill busy with some other things in meine anlage.

I have a friend in Belgium who use a rather basic Scheu and i just made a so called choke input filter with a Lundahl drossel which has its connections a bit damaged so i told him i will repair it and he must touch them again. I test with an old transformer but i told him to get a Triad FP transformer that cost between 9 and 13 euro depending on VA rating.. When used with the same load as the Scheu motor i will get a ripple around 200 MICROvolt when simulated in PSU designer.

After he compared it to the standard supply i will write about it here.

Some time ago i opened the Scheu motordose. . If you make something to cover the space for the wire you can put 700 gramm bleikugeln in the '' circle '' MANY times people use the wrong feet for damping vibrations. They all have a certain '' belastung '' that is needed to make them work.. You can read meine beitrage in Verdier post about Taica products.

MOST of the time adding bleikugeln works very well.

The looks of 2 identical basisplatte .look nice but creating a space could create resonanzen. That is the reason why i '' designed '' a conical piece of POM to mount the bearing . There is just 3 mm or so space between the inside of the teller and the POM material.

My pom basisplatte is in fact two parts mounted together met nylon bolzen. If you use steel ones the vibrations can travel up and down in the steel easily. The Seismic feet i use however are touching the bottom side of top pom plate. BUT having to much space( also resonanze hier) under the turntable looks ugly to me. AND it is much better to have a big part of the total weight of the turntable as low as possible..

If i see your first foto . If the center of gravity is in the center of the 3 feet i would make something in the shape of a keksdose /bratphanne that you can attach to the bodenseite in the middle of the 3. feet.. The material of this thing should not be to thick. The open side will face the bodenseite von basisplatte. . Attach it with 3 4 m6 m8 bolzen before fill it with bleikugeln. . Just put enough force on the bolzen so the bleikugeln cannot escape. I would put a thin layer of dichtes foam zuerst so it can absorb a little force and it will make the bleikugeln have a good contact to work properly.

I have done test too with innertyres from a motorfahrad filled with kugeln

Greetings, Eduard