Der Mr. Nixie ++`DIGNA`++Thread

• Hab heute meine Digna II H Wood bekommen :) als Upgrade zur Vorherigen Digna II H.

Gesteckt sind 6N24P Röhren, betrieben mit dem linearen Netzteil.

Klanglich im Vergleich zu den 8100er Röhren musikalischer, direkter. Jedoch waren die 8100er einen Hauch dynamischer und räumlicher. Aber gehen eher in meine Richtung :).

Lg Nico

• A phonostage needs a good run in before it can be properly assessed for the performance on offer.

A reverse RIAA Device used with a Repeat Play CD is one way to hear great CD's and get many hours on the Phonostage with salvaging the hours of Cartridge use.

This is the method I was encouraged to adopt, and I can highly recommend it.

• Hallo,

kurzes Update meinerseits.

Von Jürgen ist der Vorführer DIGNA 2 MC mit BURSON eingetroffen.
    Der Unterschied zu meiner ersten DIGNA (mit OP275), geht gefühlt eine Oktave tiefer, etwas kräftiger in den unteren Lagen, bleibt aber pieksauber!

Gruß, Roland

PS: Beide DIGNAs werden/wurden mit einem THEL-Netzteil betrieben.

"...nur eigenes Unrecht, eigene Schuld können mich so grämen, daß es für ein graues Haar reicht."
    Reinhard Mey

• das ist spannend, da du beide hast.

Leider nicht, die erste Digna hatte ich weitergegeben, weil mir etwas Souveränität und Tiefbaß fehlte.

Bei der Burson-Version fehlt mir nichts mehr.

Verglichen wurde mit meinen beiden anderen Phonopres, Lindemann Phonostage (1996) und ASR-MINIBASIS.

Gruß, Roland

PS: Burson-Digna ist bestellt. :)

"...nur eigenes Unrecht, eigene Schuld können mich so grämen, daß es für ein graues Haar reicht."
    Reinhard Mey

• Whilst Seeking out the Mr Nixie - DIGNA - Thread, to add this update on my recent experiences, I was quite pleased to see it is now a 63 Page Thread.

When I first discovered the original version of the DIGNA and through revisiting the information available, I become compelled with the Design and expressed an interest.

The want to experience the DIGNA was born from the usual attitude I express, where I am willing to go of the ' well beaten track ' to see what is out there. being produced by the obscure side of the HiFi Community.

Occasionally one of the many fleas, will climb the hair on the dogs back, to see the world beyond the confines of the safe and comfortable place that is always available to be occupied.

With the DIGNA now avaialble to found in a selection of locations when carrying out a search, along with the 63 pages available on this forum is an exceptional growth in discussion and interest.

It certainly gives an interested party a opportunity to fully assess the Merits being reported of the DIGNA in a Variety of systems, using a Broad Genre of Music on Vinyl

Was requesting a Home Trial of the DIGNA a wild abandoned Punt?

Yes it was.

Was the understanding of the Career and Adeptness of the Engineer / Designer a contributing factor to my want to make inquiries and the follow up of acquiring the DIGNA?

Yes it was.

After owning the DIGNA since Late 2018 / Early 2019, is it still offering an impression that is satisfying to my personal preferences?

Read the following:

For approximately one Year I was without the DIGNA in my System.

It was loaned shortly prior to the COVID Lockdown to a friend who is familiar with it,

and the DIGNA was the Phonostage, that my friend was wishing to use with their New Acquired Vinyl Replay Set Up.

The DIGNA was dropped off at another more local friend (anothher DIGNA admirer) and eventually made its way to the system it was to be used on.

COVID did its thing and I did not receive the DIGNA back until earlier this year.

The following is two very recent experiences unertaken by myself that relate to the DIGNA

Only a few weeks ago I got to listen to the Vinyl Chain the DIGNA was loaned to and in use for one year.

The Now One Year Old,

Technics SP10R> 12 "GLanz > Miyajima MC proved to be an awsome Vinyl Set Up and very much to my liking.

During the Demonstration the DIGNA was referred to on occasions, and it was the view of the System owner that the Phonostages that they had chosen to be in use on this occasion of a demonstration, are at the levels that are needed to get to the position where it is perceived there is a noticeable improvement over the DIGNA.

As this individual was the most familiar with the DIGNA in their system, I accept their judgement.

The Two Phonostages in use during the Demonstration of the SP10R, was a on

'Home Trial' , Bespoke Built 'All Valve' Phonostage, that the Designer / Builder is asking £ 5000 to produce.

The user was assessing it to see if they wished to purchase it, and to identify with any areas for it to be modified to suit their preferences. (This Bespoke Model, is intended to be exhibited at Munich Hi End Show)

The other model on the 'Home Trial' will be easier to locate for a demonstration as it is a Phasemation EA-350.

In my mind it is quite pleasing to feel that my support to a friend has shown them a Phonostage, that has caused them to consider a much wider search and the recognition that outlaying a substantial amount of added funds, is required to discover a Performance that can be referred to as improved over the DIGNA.

The DIGNA was when returned to myself. received without Valves, as I had authorized the DIGNAto be modified to use E88CC Valves,

during another previous short term loan.

The E88CC valves were rolled from this family in the DIGNA.

The Valve that was reported tohave really shone during Tube Rolling was a Vintage Mullard E88CC-01.

Not too long ago I was fortunate to receive Two 'NOS' Matched '-01' Tubes, that measured to a very high standard for a Sixty Year Old Tube.

I did attempt to use the DIGNA earlier than this most recent occassion, but was having bad luck with New Stock Valve Purchases.

New Stock Valves that were sold as Matched Pairs, during the follow up Valve Testing was showing very concerning conditions on tested Matched Pairs, and these were rejected.

Prior to the most recent usage of the DIGNA,

I have attended a few other HiFi related social gatherings, and have been kindly offered the loan of a few Models of DIY Produced

Head Amp's, to trial in the Home System.

These Head Amp's have been used as a Comparison with my Hashimoto HM-3 SUT.

My Cinemag 1254 SUT was exchanged as a Loan Item to be compared to a Balanced Version of the DIY Head Amp's, so it has not been available for these demonstrations / comparisons.

The initial use of the above devices was with my owned Bespoke Built 'All Valve' Phonostage.

(Similar to the above referenced Model, but built to have a presentation to match with my unique preferences for a Sound Quality)

The Head Amp's worked extremely well with my Phon 'and one was close in the Performance to the Hashimoto, where the Sonic Characters of each might have only been the differences being pereived.

Overall the impression left from this has been extremely positive.

On Saturday 03/07/21, I reintroduced the DIGNA to my System, it was adorned with the

' -01' Tubes and was used to reproduce the same demonstration/comparisons with the Head Amp's > and SUT and additionally the Built In MC Stage.

The built in MC was not performing in a manner that I recollected it could.

In comparison to the recollection of the other demonstrations recently undertaken, the MC Stage was being perceived as falling quite short.

I tweaked the DIPs but could not produce a sound quality that was near to the previous presentations.

More familiarity with the DIGNA might have allowed myself to produce a better Built In MC Stage Interface.

Using the Head Amp's showed a very different performance and one that was very welcome.

Comparing the Head Amp's to the Hashimoto was quite interesting as one was noticeably different, much more so than when used during previous experience.

The other Head Amp had excelled and was an exceptional partnering to the DIGNA.

When compared to the Hashimoto, there was hair of a Difference, but a Trait of the DIGNA > Head Amp that was very noticeable, was the Transparency, the Hashimoto was perceived as being coloured in comparison.

I do not recollect such a noticeable transparency when used in the previous experience.

I was so impressed by this new to myself Trait that I was compelled to continue in a Sound Stage of Transparency created by the DIGNA> Head Amp for a few more albums.

When using the DIGNA with the Head Amp's and Hashimoto.

I can not recollect one moment where I felt it was falling short in any area of the performance, when recollecting the performances of the Two Demonstrations using the Two Different Phonostages.

Producing different permutations of Ancillary Devices in a Vinyl Set Up can produce very different results, and in some cases these can prove to be very much for the better.

I will reserve the A/B Comparisons of the Two Phonostages for another occasion when there is a Theme for a Meeting and there are guests invited and able to share their thoughts on the Comparison Demonstrations.

Apologies for the Long Post : sorry:

• Apologies for the Long Post : sorry:

Oh, no problem.

i dont read post in English. :)

Bevor jemand fragt, beim runterscrollen ist mir nur der letzte Satz ins Auge gefallen.

Ist ja nicht so das ich nicht ein bißchen Englisch könnte.

Grüße

Frank

Konfuzius sagt:

Erst wenn eine Mücke auf deinem Hoden landet, wirst du lernen, Probleme ohne Gewalt zu lösen.

• Ist doch toll, wenn jemand wie John mit viel Erfahrung hier fundierte, umfangreiche Beiträge liefert…

Wenn man es nicht lesen mag, muss man das ja nicht auch noch als Zeugnis des eigenen, wie auch immer gearteten Horizonts in die Welt hinaustrompeten…

Btw: Prima, dass Du auch ein bisschen Englisch kannst und uns das wissen lässt…

Freundlich

Michael

„Doubt everything...“

• st doch toll, wenn jemand wie John mit viel Erfahrung hier fundierte, umfangreiche Beiträge liefert…

Da habe ich überhaupt nichts gegen und würde die sogar gerne lesen.

Aber ich habe keine Lust in einem deutschsprachigen Forum noch Texte durch einen Übersetzer zu jagen. Denke das geht einigen so.

Es wäre viel einfacher würde man das beim Erstellen des Beitrags machen, denn dann müsste das nur einer machen.

Vielleicht bin ich zu altmodisch oder auch zu gut erzogen, aber wenn ich mich an einem fremdsprachigen Forum beteilige, mache ich das in der ´jeweiligen Sprache. Für mich ist das eine Form der Höflichkeit, aber wer bin ich schon?

Wenn ich was im Whats Best Forum schreibe, dann in Englisch. War auch schon in einem französischen Forum unterwegs, schreibe dort natürlich in Französisch.

Klar ist ein Übersetzer im Netz nicht perfekt, das verstehen die Jungs und Mädels in den anderen Foren aber und freuen sich darüber, das man sich diese Mühe macht.

Ich finde es unhöflich sich an einem anderen Forum zu beteiligen und sich nicht der entsprechenden Sprache zu bedienen.

Grüße

Frank

Konfuzius sagt:

Erst wenn eine Mücke auf deinem Hoden landet, wirst du lernen, Probleme ohne Gewalt zu lösen.

• Ich weiß nicht, ob es altmodisch oder gute Erziehung ist, immer wieder in dieselbe Kerbe zu hauen…

Das ist jetzt die x-te Wiederholung des Vorwurfs an John, hier englisch zu schreiben, es ist doch niemand gezwungen, seine Beiträge zu lesen oder nicht zu lesen und sich dann zu beschweren…

Freundlich

Michael

„Doubt everything...“

• Ich schreibe auf Englisch über die DIGNA, da Interesse an ihr als Phonostage außerhalb Deutschlands besteht.

Ich schreibe in diesem Forum auf Englisch über die DIGNA, da eine Websuche eine Person zu diesem Forum führt, wenn eine Suche eingerichtet wird.

Englisch ist die universelle Sprache und wird für Nichtdeutsche sehr nützlich sein.

Es gibt nicht viel, was ich diesem Forum hinzufügen kann, um das Forum in Bezug auf meine Erfahrungen mit der DIGNA zufriedenzustellen.

Die DIGNA-Unterstützer werden dankbar sein, dass der Kredit verliehen wird und dass die positiven Berichte kontinuierlich fortgesetzt werden.

Die Mitglieder, die mit vielen verfügbaren Werkzeugen gearbeitet haben, um die DIGNA zu diskreditieren, werden weiterhin Werkzeuge finden, um ihre Verfolgung fortzusetzen.

Ein Posten in welcher Sprache auch immer, wird nur eine weitere Kohle sein, die ihrem Kohlenbecken hinzugefügt wird.

Ein langer beschreibender Beitrag, der sich auf die Werte konzentriert, wird einer neugierigen Neuen Anfrage viel mehr nützen.

Ich hoffe, dass diese neuen Anfragen schnell die Bitterkeit erkennen, die hinter den Beiträgen von Mitgliedern steckt, die das Mr. Nixie-Modell, das DIGNA, nicht ertragen können.

Look at that, A English to German Translation.

• Ja John, das mit der übersetzung ist nicht gut..

Dann lieber Englisch , allerdings schreibst du für die meisten hier zu kompliziert ,viele hatten auch gar kein Englisch in der Schule.

Nur mal so zur erklärung :)

LG Andreas

Wer Rost nicht mag sollte IRON MAIDEN. Glück Auf !

• Ist mir komplett entgangen, dass die Digna verfolgt wird...

Aber, nur weil man Paranoia hat, heißt das natürlich noch lange nicht, dass man nicht verfolgt wird. ^^

Streamen ist wie alkoholfreies Bier...scheint erstmal richtig zu sein, am Ende fehlt aber das Entscheidende.

• Ich glaube auch nicht das die Digna verfolgt wird.

Gehypt, ja. Das führt manchmal zu Gegenreaktionen.

Hier wohl besonders, aber das gilt hier wohl für alles Gehypte wie Riike oder Ampearl.

Ich konnte die bisher nur recht kurz hören und habe den Eindruck, das die für das aufgerufene Geld sehr gut spielt.

Und ich bleibe dabei das man in einem Forum in der allgemein gültigen Sprache schreibt.

Es gibt keinen Grund das nicht zu tun. Denn dann können das auch andere ohne viel Aufwand lesen und sicherlich würde man auch mehr Antworten erhalten.

Das allermindeste, wenn es denn tatsächlich einen Grund gibt in einer anderen Sprache zu schreiben, wäre es dann eine Übersetzung gleich anzuhängen.

Wäre die Sprache hier Englisch, würde ich kaum was lesen und auch kaum was schreiben.

Und davon abgesehen gibt es auch noch andere Länder in denen Deutsch gesprochen wird und aus denen Gäste hier wegen der deutschen Sprache sind.

Wie gesagt schreibe ich in anderen Foren auch in der jeweiligen Sprache, denn da bin ich Gast und handle entsprechend.

Wenn ich in Urlaub fahre lerne ich vorher auch immer ein paar Wörter der Landessprache um zumindest Guten Tag oder Danke zu können.

Grüße

Frank

Konfuzius sagt:

• The Script that is being created for the DIGNA within this Forum is almost at the place where it will be possible to attract the attention of a Hollywood Screen Play Writer.

I can see it becoming a 'Epic Tale'.

The Humble and Meek DIGNA who's Honesty and Incorruptible Nature, stands Strong against the Generals who assemble their Forces of Destruction, to release their worst and try and make the Vista for Vinyl Replays a Barron Uninviting Land.

How is the Hype coming on ;)