Tonearm Internal Wiring

• Hello

I am searching with little success for a Internal Tonearm Wiring Made from either

PC-Triple C Wire or D.U.C.C Wire.

The only reference I can find to one of these wires being used is on a SAEC Tonearm.

I know I might have to Source this wire from a alternative method, such as stripping a Cable made with it using it as Signal Wire, where the wire used is of approx 0.2mm Diameter.

I am not sure of my option to insulate this wire when removed, or the methods I will need to use to Insulate, to be able to use the Wire for the repurposed usage .

Any Direction offered to supplying a method to be able to follow up on this,

will be very much appreciated.

• Hi,

wire of 0.2mm would probabely be too stiff, if it were not stranded.

I don't know the wires You cite ... are those brands?

PC triple C sounds like the name of a loser rapper to me :D

I certainly can recommend silk spun HF wire like 7x0.05, which is available at low cost.

jauu

Calvin

..... it builds character!

gewerblicher Teilnehmer

• Hi JohnG,

I also recommend silk spun HF wire. It is much more flexible than a solid enamelled copper wire.

If you choose 10x0.05 or 15x0.04 it is nearly AWG 34 - the cross section of the high end internal "CARDAS" tonearm wire.

Ulrich

• Hello and Thank You for your replies and recommendations.

I already have a good quality high flexibility internal wiring used on my PMAT 1010 Tonearm.

I am at present looking to start trials on my system with exchanging my Silver and Copper OCC Cables for Copper Interconnect Cables and Tag Wires that are produced from PC Triple C Wire and D.U.C.C Wire.

These wires are Manufactured with using the most modern Science to analyze the Crystal Structure Formation as a result of the wire production processes.

SAEC are using the PC Triple C on their 'Uber Expensive Tonearms'.

TEAC are also using PC Triple C on their Tonearm.

Phasemation are using PC Triple C on their products.

Finding these wires as Interconnects and Cartridge Tag Wires is easily achieved, but is costly when compared to OCC prices.

I have failed to find these as Internal Tonearm Wiring for purchase.

D.U.C.C is possibly the Softest/Malleable of all Copper Wires produced to date, and if it is possible to be sourced at the correct diameter as a Internal Wiring,

could prove to be a upgrade for the mechanical interface (friction reduction) as well as offer a improved sound quality to other options.

Some Retailers are charging £ 1500 for

Audio Technica D.U.C.C DIN Plug Phono Cable.