TubeRolling mit Endstufen Röhren?

• ich lese immer wieder, dass die Vorstufenröhren einen größeren Einfluss auf den Klang haben als die Endstufen Röhren. Dennoch finde ich überall nur Erfahrungen über das tauschen von Endstufen Röhren. Da gibt es auch immer wieder genaue Beschreibungen wie sich der Klang verändert. Leider finde ich weniges über Vorstufenröhren.
    ich habe einen Twin Sound TS 200 Röhren—Vollverstärker und bin sehr angenehm überrascht von der Klangqualität.
    Mir, und an meinem Setting, gefällt mir dieser Chinaamp besser als der Unison S6

http://www.fl-electronic.de/ne…twinsound_ts200rcmk2.html

Als Vorstufenröhren hat er die 6SN7 und die 6SL7verbaut.
    Hat da jemand einen Tipp für mich welche Röhren noch ein bisschen präziser klingen?
    greetz

Uwe

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von ZZTop ()

• I have recently been exchanging Matched Pairs of 6SN7 on my Monoblock 845 Power Amps,

I. have found that NOS Black Glass Ken Rad's (KR) are presenting the best for my preferences.

They offer a Noticeable Improvement over the NOS Sylvanias GT's, which are more affordable than KR

I. also have New Design Tung Sol, Electro Harmonix and TAD's, of which each of these are close in their presentation, but the one that nips at the heels of the Ken Rad is the TAD's

The TAD's loose out on their Bass Presentation, the KR's are a hard tube to compete with,

but the TAD's only just lose out , another listener might not pick up on my perceptions of the comparison unless it is pointed out.

The Good News is that there are New Tubes that are very good at their role.

I also tried out a 6H8C Russian Equivalent, I was tempted to go for the expensive ones to compare to the KR, but held of and compared a affordable 6H8C to the KR and the New Design 6SN7's.

After about 30 Minutes of use the 6H8C was my preferred Valve to the New Designs, and I was believing it was an extremely close presentation to the KR.

After about 1.5 - 2.5 hours of usage the 6H8C was removed as there was a deterioration in the sound quality that was becoming uncomfortable to experience.

I would be interested to hear of other experiences that might have had a similar outcome with the 6H8C.

There are very good comparison threads on the 6SN7 on the Web to be found, that are quite informative and the reports have an accuracy to my experiences.

• Mein jadis DA50 hat eine ähnliche Bestückung 4x6550, 2x ecc82 + 2x ecc83. Und neue Röhren = komplett anderen Sound.

Seit 3 Jahren: 2x electro harmonics ecc82, 2x no-name ecc83 und 4x Sovtec 6550. Gar nicht so schlecht.

Dann habe ich als ecc82 die Genalex probiert; war sauber und hochauflösend aber doch ein wenig zu "brav".

Jetzt habe ich die BTB Hausröhren (S4A) eingesteckt und diese klingen sehr dynamisch und vordergründig (wie electro harmonix), aber auch sauber und hoch auflösend.

Mal sehen was da noch geht.

Gruß

Andries

jadis da 50 s rc - living voice avatar II - project Xtension 10 - ortofon quintet black - remton 383 mk ii - creek destiny cd - wilbrand kabel - audio plan + audio agile stromversorgung, kabel & filter

• ......The TAD's loose out on their Bass Presentation, the KR's are a hard tube to compete with,

but the TAD's only just lose out , another listener might not pick up on my perceptions of the comparison unless it is pointed out.......

.........After about 1.5 - 2.5 hours of usage the 6H8C was removed as there was a deterioration in the sound quality that was becoming uncomfortable to experience.......

Hello John

thanks for sharing your experiences. Can you please help me to understand better?

"The TADs loose on their Bass Presentation......."

that means less Bass or too much? or bloomy, soft?

"...there was a deterioration in the sound quality that was becoming uncomfortable to experience...."

does it mean too harsh or too soft or...?

This would help a lot to gen an idea in whitch direction the sound goes.

greetz

Uwe S

• Offizieller Beitrag

Ich gehe ja eher davon aus, dass bei den Röhrenendstufen der klanglich limitirende Faktor der Ausgangsübertrager ist.

Grüsse aus Neuwied :thumbup:
    Michael Vorbau
    Leiter der AAA-Tonbandgruppe

Anlage: AEG M15a, M20, Studer B67, Revox A77, Tandberg TD20-A, Braun TG 1000,

Kenwood KD-8030 mit Grado Reference Series Reference 2, K+H Endstufen und K+H SL 92 Boxen

• The Tad's can't match the exact presentation of the KR VT231, the TAD does have a Tight Base Note and I was impressed with this presentation, but the KR has an Honesty and Realism that gives them the edge.

If a person was looking for a Tight Bass Note with Weight,

my experience is that the TAD will be a good place to find this impression and learn if the presentation is to a individuals preference.

The Sylvania GT's with Black Base and Green Print I have used. have a noticeable

Bass Bloom, that is not my choice of presentation.

The 6H8C was very impressive, if a Pair can be Found that are Stable for a Long Period,

then these will be a Step further from the TAD's toward the KR.

The ones I had had become Harsh after a few hours usage and also seemed unstable,

as if a fault was setting in, they were removed swiftly for this reason.

Whether this was a Outcome of using a Cheap Valve or there was a Thermal Issue developing is a unknown.

Do remember the 6SN7 as a Vintage Valve were produced in a Mass Production

for front line Military Purposes, so Quality was not such a issue, especially if thinking for the Audio Purpose.

It can be a very difficult Journey to discover the Ideal Matched Pair.

From my experience, I would say the TAD's offered approximately 85 +% of the Performance from a New Available Valve as a comparison to a Reputable Vintage Valve, this is a very good place to be.