Lin Lai Tubes Information Required

• I have been looking at 845 Tubes and recently the New Company Lin Lai has become more common in a search.

Is there information on the Lin Lia products that can be reported on in this thread ?

• John,

I can't say much about this other than that the 211 tubes look great and sound good. So far I've only had three different pairs of such 211 tubes from other Chinese brands, but haven't compared them soundwise.

In general, I am pleased that there are always new market participants in China who are dealing with the topic of electron tubes.

At the moment I am preparing a new project with the tube 300B, these tubes will also be from Linlai.

My recent DIY-Amp with Linlai 211 DHT:

analog-forum.de/wbboard/gallery/index.php?image/143319/

Mit freundlichen Grüßen, Jo

Jedes Mal, wenn ich es einfacher machte, klang es besser.

• Thank You for your support with my enquiry.

The Linlai Brand are making their Marketing Intention for the Products on offer to be quite appealing to a Customer.

The user reviews of the products are not so common, but this should start to change, and if all works out, reports should align with the Marketing Intention.

My interest lies in the 845 Tube, of which I will require a Matched Quad.

I have Tube Rolled the Signal Valves on the Monoblock Power Amp's and have Low Hours usage 845 Billington Golds in use at present.

I am not in a rush to make a change, but feel tempted to pursue a 845 Tube Exchange,

Post COVID, when everything is looking to become more settled economically.

It is easy for a Purchaser to focus on the Linlai Brand, their choice of words is designed to appeal.

As stated, there is limited user reports of the products, that align with the wording.

Linlai Home Page is making the statements as follows:

Linlaitube factory store this store tubes are from linlaitube factory warehouse enjoy precision matching warranty 15 months free mail service to buy Tubes bearing LinLaitube are engineered, produced and carefully screened to exclusively meet western music listeners’ preference:

LinLaitube are engineered, produced and carefully screened to exclusively meet music listeners’ preference:

1) Aim to a very high degree of faithful reproduction of western music instruments, such as piano, acoustic and electric guitar, acoustic and electric bass / double bass, kick drums etc, which are common in western recordings but not as common in Asian music;

2) Create live-like sound image width and depth, and offer realistic balance across high, mid and bass frequencies, without exaggerating the ultra high frequencies (much of Asian music does focus more ultra high’s and Asian audiophiles are accustomed to such a type of sound).

LINLAI sets its goal to become a ‘Boutique High Value (i.e. Performance to Price Ratio)’tube brand – not a FACTORY giant, but a BRAND which represents quality, consistency, and solid after-sale service. Too many ‘made in China’ is just a factory but without soul as a brand. LINLAI aims to be different from that crowd.

• The beginnings of the Japanese manufacturers in the hi-fi sector around the 1960s were initially also underestimated in this country. Then they rolled out the market from scratch. I have witnessed this exciting development and have had some personal relationships with Japanese audio friends for a long time, who have strongly influenced me on my audio path. Today I am looking curiously to China and have already been able to acquire some interesting parts there. The next step would be to learn more about the Chinese designers and personalities behind the scenes.

• Hey Jo!

You mentioned in one of your recent posts that your actual 300B project will have Linlai power tubes. Could you please share your sonic impressions wrt these tubes after them being burnt in? Did you order from Premium Vacuum Tubes?

Cheers

Steffen

And if you tolerate this

then your children will be next

• I don't think that the influence of the tube itself is as big as the influence of the circuit and other critical components of an amplifier such as the output transformer.

I will not make many experiments with tubes.

In my other 300B amplifiers I have PSVANE 300B and I find the amplifier sounds very good. I used to have JJ 300B, that was ok too. Everything always sounds a little different, but I can't say better or worse exactly.

• That's exakt the point what bothers me. They say on the website, that Linlai was established by Psvane engineers and that their tubes are a 1:1 copy of Psvane tubes. With a different price tag.

Would be interesting to get an idea about differences in the sonic fingerprint of the 300B type from both manufacturers...

And if you tolerate this

then your children will be next

• Hello, I orderred a matched pair of Linlai 845 for my single endend power amplifier. I am very satisfied with the sound, although I know that the periphery is much more important than the output tube.

Cheers,

Max