Scheu Netzteil für den DDR Motor - 9V DC

• Hello,

I only used 470 microfarad for the last cap. Then with 11 volt the motor has problem starting. Adding 1000 mF and raising the voltage will make it start immediately. Maybe it needs more '' energy '' to start up.

The LM317 is famous for creating high frequency noise so dont wanna use it.

I know about colour codes but this is just for a little test. When i send it to my friend he will use another transformer.

Greetings, Eduard

• The LM317 is famous for creating high frequency noise so dont wanna use it.

Do you know why?

If there are problems use the the LT1086 or similiar types. I haven´t problems with the LM 317.

How many current delivers the transformer?

Best regards!

jokeramik

• Are we talking about the same motor Eduard?

I was referring to the old DDR DC motor RFT 1170.2 from DDR tape decks.

Entspanntes Hören, Frank

] Vorhandensein von Musik - Zuhandensein von Klang [

• Hello,

The transformer can deliver 4A. Much bigger then needed but it was easy to do the testing.

It will work with the 317 but there are some threads on diy.audio.com about filtering the noise on the output

I know it was a DDR motor because we bought it about twenty years ago. I remember that one day it wasnt available anymore.

Greetings, eduard

• Hi,

der DDR-Motor benötigt keine fancy superduper-Netzteile. Halbwegs stabile 9V halbwegs passiv geglättet würde schon passen, 7809 oder LM317 und Elko umso besser. Da der Motor ja intern einen "Drehstrom" erzeugt, kommt von etwaigen Unsauberkeiten der Versorgungsspannung am Riemen nix an.

Grüße!

krishu.de 6.0

• Hello,

We will see when my friend will try my diy supply that i made with parts i had lying around anyway.

Greetings, Eduard.

P.s 30 years you could hear people no problem when your cd has some scratches.

• 20 years ago I was obsessed with pitch, wow and flutter ... and was buying all GDR tape decks from flea markets I could get in order to use the motors and power supplies for turntables.

The internal electronics circuit of the VEM (Scheu) motor is designed to work with standard non-sophisticated power supplies.

When using this motor as a turntable drive, it is much more important to focus on the transmission string/tape/belt. Thomas Scheu's Approach was to use invisible sewing thread which had a lot of slip (the motor was too weak for the heavy platters anyway), so if there was any ripple or noise in the pulley rotation, it would have been filtered out by the mechanical transmission.

Cheers!

krishu.de 6.0