Platine Verdier - die Legende lebt

• Ja Sören,

die Frage stellte sich mir auch vor Jahren.

Mit Glück fand ich gebraucht dann ein geeignetes.

Wünsche ich dir auch.

Ludwig

• Erst beschreibst Du, wie einfach die PV letztlich konstruiert ist, dann führen Wörter wie Autorität und Selbständigkeit zu einer faktisch negativen Bewertung mit der Beschreibung als „Monstranz“. Sei es drum: Besitzer einer PV haben ein zeitloses Laufwerk, das zumeist nicht zum Zwecke des Posens erworben wurde. Dennoch wird es immer die üblichen Reflexe geben. Damit werden Verdier-Nutzer gut umgehen. Das Hifi-Leben kann auch ein langer gleichmäßiger Fluss sein

@ Christian, Ludwig,

lasst euch doch bitte nicht nerven, und vergeudet nicht die Zeit da auch noch zu antworten ..

Mit solchen posts erklärt sich der Verfasser doch von selbst...ist belanglos.. :sleeping:

Grüße
    Theo

• Einfach nur Musik hören, im Moment gerade TOM PETTY.

Meine PV steht auf Güttes Schwebebalken und fühlt sich synergetisch pudelwohl balanciert und niederfrequent gedämpft.

Jetzt PEARL JAM - LIVE ON TEN LEGS. 8)

Freundlichst
    Pepino

• Hello,

When i used my last turntable the Hiraga prepre the circuit would hang right under the 5 pole arm connector and use a 10 cm very flexible cable. The prepre itself did hang on two thin wires on a metal bar attached to the wall.

When i switched to transformers i used the same idea.

NOW my riaa phonoamp with built in pre pre stands right under the 5 pole connector so probably will need a 20 cm cable. With the Ikeda i can do the same but then i will need an extra set of cvable . BUT all will be short and not rigid. I dont need to show my friends i have the Ikeda. I think in normal use it will be hard to notice it. IF you use rigid cable to run from the 5 pole connector to something that will/can pick up vibrations it will be transmitted directly into the arm . Right at the spot where you dont need it.

AND of course you should try to reduce the number of connectors when signal is at this very low level.

Greetings, Eduard

• Warum denn?

Ganz einfach: wat mutt dat mutt :)

siehe auch:

BL/Thomas -> Gerne!! Der Spaß ist ja seit Jahren überfällig!! :)

Christian, bald ist angerichtet. Tonarmbasen gibt´s noch andere, die mit verhältnismäßig leichter Base kolbenförmig federnde PV mag ich sehr. Und gut, das Teil vom Wandhalter mal runter genommen zu haben. Die Schale drunter war nicht trocken. Beunruhigt mich nicht, es hat sich auch nach langer Zeit nichts zugesetzt.

Also, eine fehlt jetzt noch

IMG_6416.jpg

LG, Tom

• Oh weh Holger, jetzt hast Du in ein Wespennest...

Mir gefällt die Steinplatte der alten PV ausgesprochen gut. (im Ernst!)

Hat mich zur echten Gehwegplatte aus Beton, die als Base unter meinen einfacheren Plattenspielern im Einsatz ist, inspiriert.

Lieber Johannes,

die Steinplatte der Verdier ist ein Maschinensockel, der von der TU Darmstadt entwickelt wurde. Wer nun meint, er müsse "blink-blink" zu Hause haben, der muß sich woanders umsehen.

Gruß

Reinhard

Zitat von Alan Parsons

"Audiophiles don't use their equipment to listen to music. Audiophiles use your music to listen to their equipment."

Meme: "Obwohl ich sichtbar geboren bin, identifiziere ich mich als unsichtbar. Ich bin trans-parent. Meine Pronomen lauten wer/wo."

• Hello Christian,

Of course after reading a lot of opinions here everyone would be at least a bit biased when they are going to compare two or even 3 possible motors.

I think using a rim drive for a Verdier will make it sound like another turntable. Some people will say wow and some people will say what the heck. Maybe one could say that if you decide to go for a rim drive on a Verdier you bought the wrong turntable to begin with.

My friend who uses a Scheu with the original delivered string got agitated because he found that HIS pulley was not 100% perfect for the string with the knot in it. He could detect it by measurement. So he ended up with buying an Origin Live rubber belt and he loves it. BUT there is clearly an optimum tension on the belt that makes it sound as it best. On my partly diy turntable there is a visible speedindicator. Would be nice to switch it of and just listen to what you hear. I THINK that just enough tension on the belt to make the turntable turn constantly at the right speed will give the best sound. Probably there will be a moment when a bigger tension will not give more speed stability but turn the sound being '' wrong ''

Greetings, eduard

• ABER es gibt eindeutig eine optimale Spannung auf dem Riemen, die ihn so klingen lässt, wie er am besten klingt. Auf meinem teilweise selbstgebauten Plattenspieler gibt es einen sichtbaren Geschwindigkeitsindikator. Wäre schön, wenn man den ausschalten und einfach hören könnte, was man hört. Ich denke, dass gerade genug Spannung auf dem Riemen, um den Plattenteller konstant mit der richtigen Geschwindigkeit drehen zu lassen, den besten Klang ergibt. Wahrscheinlich wird es einen Moment geben, in dem eine größere Spannung nicht mehr Geschwindigkeitsstabilität gibt, sondern den Klang '' falsch '' werden lässt.

Eduard

das ist richtig+ Klangentscheidend.

Ludwig

• Lieber Johannes,

die Steinplatte der Verdier ist ein Maschinensockel, der von der TU Darmstadt entwickelt wurde.

Hallo Reinhard,

Maschinensockel passt, denn eine PV ist ja eher Schwer-Maschine als Plattenspieler. :)

Ähnliche Steinplatten kenne ich übrigens von Wägetischen wo sie als ruhige Basis von damals noch mechanischen und hoch empfindlichen Mettler-Analysenwagen dienten. Damit hatte ich während meiner Lehrzeit im Anorg. Chem. Inst. der Uni Heidelberg zu tun, in den Sechzigerjahren.

Solche schweren Wägetische wären übrigens weitaus besser als Unterlage für Plattenspieler geeignet, als manche windige High-End Rackkonstruktion, die man im AAA ab und zu sieht.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen, Jo

Jedes Mal, wenn ich es einfacher machte, klang es besser.

• Hello Ludwig,

My diy turntable has a sensor that works with a little magnet under the platter. So every turn it checks and indicates the speed. If the speed is not correct it will send a signal to the motor and then the motor will GRADUALLY change the speed.

Because of 12,5 kilo platter with 400mm i believe once it has the right speed after a few turns ( it starts at 5 turns a minute to save the string) it will stay turning.

I think when the speed gradually changes from 33.33 to 33,28 in one or two turns and then goes back to 33,33 you wont hear it but if it keep switching between 33,33 and 33,28 a few times every turn it will be more tricky.

I remember there was a modification of a well know turntable that only did consist of removing the speed control that kept correcting constantly. Of course first the speed must be wrong before the correction will work.

Greetings, Eduard

P.s Some photos as illustration from my latest modification.

I had to terminate my flatline loudspeaker cable ( THIS is the original one at least 27 years old , back then no Euro but 16 Euro a meter) again because moving my speakers i could reduce the cables with 4 meter. Bought some new spades but couldnt find them so i cycled to Hornbach bought some AMP connectors, removed the plating and changed into a spade. They sound better than the audiophile spades i used before.

In the 12 DB filter for the Altec you see the German Mundorf and the French Sic Safco paper in oil capacitor made in 1963 work as a good team. Sure i tried lots of audiophile caps but nothing comes close to this one. Bought in a surplus store for 4 DM decades ago

• Hello,

Ähnliche Steinplatten kenne ich übrigens von Wägetischen wo sie als ruhige Basis von damals noch mechanischen und hoch empfindlichen Mettler-Analysenwagen dienten. Damit hatte ich während meiner Lehrzeit im Anorg. Chem. Inst. der Uni Heidelberg zu tun, in den Sechzigerjahren.

Solche schweren Wägetische wären übrigens weitaus besser als Unterlage für Plattenspieler geeignet, als manche windige High-End Rackkonstruktion, die man im AAA ab und zu sieht.

Happy you explain in German what i wrote in post 584. These things have been around for decades and laws of physics dont change often. lol. A few days ago i saw one completely made from a kind of slate. Close to 270 kilo.

Greetings, eduard

• Hello,

Sure if you wanna eat the bird better not use a big caliber.

BUT if wanna prevent the neigbours cat to scare my expensive singing birds i will make a diy electric fence to teach him. If he keeps common back i will turn the variac all the way up.

SO if i wanna build a sandbox for my turntable and the price difference between 200 and 300 kilo is just some extra sand i will go for 300 kilo.

Greetings, eduard

• Hallo Reinhard,

Maschinensockel passt, denn eine PV ist ja eher Schwer-Maschine als Plattenspieler. :)

Naja, schwer ist relativ. Also ich finde nicht, dass ein Hifi-Gerät, das man alleine tragen kann, schwer ist. Ich würde eher sagen: solide. Schwer ist, wenn man bereits den Teller zu zweit tragen muss ... :D

Beste Grüße

Sören

• Hello,

Good idea to make it possible for one man to carry. BUT usually the platter is installed after the '' base'' is already in position.

So make an isolation platform and fill it with sand once it is where it should be.

I once see the Paris people from l'Audiophile busy with transporting the sandfilled Onken bass bins 320 kilo but it had wheels.

I bought some speaker material when i was in Cameroon but it never arrived here!!

Greetings, eduard