SME 3012R + Denon DL103

• Hello,

I never took a very detailed look at the SME 3012 because for ME it looks to fragile ( i preferred the Fidelity Research 64S). But if you have a steady hand it will be perfect.

If you look at it with some '' physical laws '' in the back of your mind some ideas will pop up.

You have the DL103 which is a nice cartridge which will work better with the lead housing designed by the French decades ago. Using this housing you will probably need a heavier weight. Of course the best thing to do is get the weight as close as possible to the bearing.

What I would do is check the maximum diameter of the weight that will fit in your set up. Then make its weight have enough to be able to mount it close to the bearing. Copper has 15% mass than steel so that could be a nice option too. I think this kind of thing can be machined by any student from a technical '' fachhogschule ''

There has been a British company that sold a contra weight as a modification to a British tone arm where the center hole wasnt in the middle telling us it would create a better functioning of the arm because the '' center of gravity '' would be below the arm. BUT it could be harder to have equal weight in the horizontal plane.

Greetings, eduard

• Gewicht: LH-10000: 15,3g

Gewicht: 8,5 g

mit Schrauben und vielleicht noch eine Beilagscheibe also 25 bis 27gr. Das scheint mir doch recht schwer zu sein, denn meine Kombi im Bleimantel hat 28gr 8|

8D0BCEDE-C978-4A45-B1EE-C8767482E8A2.jpg

und da mag ich schon dann das Zusatzgewicht nutzen.

Du ich bau mal meins ein und sehe ob es mit dem normalen Gewicht geht... bei 28gr halt.

Sag dann bescheid.

Richi

• Obwohl, das Ethos wiegt ja auch schon

Gewicht 7,7 Gramm

das sind 0,8gr mehr.

Mach mal ein Foto vom Gewicht, wenn da noch etwas Luft nach hinten zum Rändelrad ist, dann passt es und du kannst mal ohne Investition testen ;)

und ich muss nicht die Auflagekraft wieder genau auf 1,75gr stellen, hihihi.

Hätt ich aber gern gemacht. Also zeig mal her.

Richi

• Ich denke das Denon geht in eine andere Richtung, eher so Richtung Dampfhammer?

Ansonsten geht das Ethos natürlich schon richtig gut, keine Frage.

Gruß

Dieter

• Sieht doch „noch“ gut aus mit etwas Luft nach hinten. Auch wenn es stimmt dass man so nahe wie möglich am Lager sein sollte, spielt es ja für den Spieltrieb auch keine Rolle.

Also Dieter, wiege mit der Küchenwaage deine jetzige Kombi (also montiertes Headshell und Ethos mit Schrauben und Kabel) und lege zu dem Gewicht noch was oben aufs Headshell. Cent oder Beilagscheiben damit es dem Gewicht des 103R entspricht und dann drehe das Gewicht nach hinten. Wenn du es noch ausbalancieren kannst dann kann es mit einem Test des 103Rs losgehen ohne in ein extra Gewicht zu investieren. Wenn es dir gefällt dann eines kaufen und das 103R schwerer machen etc.

Hoffe geholfen zu haben,

Richi

• Bitte sehr, ein Foto.

Sieht ja gut aus, was für eins ist das?

Das ist ein "shibatarisiertes" DL-103. Ist am schweren Headshell ganz nett.

Viele Grüße, Tony

"Music's real, the rest is seeming" (Fats Waller)

• Das Headshell samt Tonabnehmer, Schräubchen und Käbelchen wiegt zusammen knapp 29 gram.

Viele Grüße, Tony

"Music's real, the rest is seeming" (Fats Waller)

• Hello,

I have read again the French publications about this arm . They have been '' heavy users '' of the 3012 because it works well with both the DL103 and the SPU gold. These cartridge are both heavy AND kind of generate a high level of vibrations that need to be tackled by the arm.

I have been using the aluminium 64FX for my SPU then a Vietnamese friend told me to get the stainless steel 64S. Indeed much better. I improved it myself by asking a coworker to machine some parts that were sold by Fidelity Research to add more weight and rigidity to the arm. Simply apply some law of physics. WHY you want a pulley on a turntable motor not to be mounted on a long shaft at 5 cm distance from the motor? Of course RPM is low and a pulley is not so heavy so theoretically it wont swing much. BUT if you mount is as close as possible it has to swing less. So a heavy weight. Maybe even a conical shaped one that will react different to vibrations for sure.

Greetings, eduard

• Am 3012-R hatte ich mein DL103R noch nicht, obwohl ich zwei dieser Tonarme am Start habe. Aber ich habe es z. Zt. am noch älteren 3012-II mit TD124/II.

Das System "out of the box" zuerst am Yamamoto Holz Headshell, jetzt zum Test am Orsonic, beides geht gut, man braucht kein zusätzliches Gewicht für den Arm. Läuft.