Habt ihr Tipps für gute 6SN7 Röhren?

• In meiner Phonostufe, die ich seit über 10 Jahren habe, sind u.a. 6SL7 und 6SN7 Typen im Einsatz. Ich habe mir inzwischen davon mehrere Sätze zugelegt. Primär Tung-Sol und Sylvania Militärtypen, aber auch KEN-RAD, aus den 40er, 50er und 60er Jahren.

Ich denke damit kommen meine Phono und ich bis zum Ende klar.

Schlapp gemacht hat übrigens mal ein Kondensator - kein Röhre. 8)

Viele Grüsse,
    Mario

It is good taste, and good taste alone, that possesses the power to sterilize and is always the first handicap to any creative functioning. (Salvador Dali)

• Hello,

Especially in wartime , like when the 6SN7 and 6SL7 i have, were manufactured. The big tube companies were producing tubes for each other.

One thing was sure these tubes were designed and made to last long time. These companies were proud of the products they made.

Nowadays things are made in such a way that they will not last to long.

At my parents house we had a kind of hobby space without heating where we had an old tube German ( Grundig/Telefunken/Saba?) '' table radio) using 6 or more tubes. Whenever there was someone there with his Zundapp this radio was used. I dont remember any tube replacement!!

Greetings, Eduard

• During the Period when such Tubes were in mass production to support a military operation, the Quality was not so important, the availability of mass quantities was the objective of the production.

A noisy tube is a working tube when used in communication devices, these needs are not as per audio use requirements.

There are a lot of Tubes in use, from such an era that are inferior for use in Audio.

Having Tubes accurately measured and tested for noise produced from microphonics are the only real safeguards.

All other methods without a testing as a proof are born from a romanticism for items from a bygone era.

• heute kamen die UdSSR 6H8C von 1965 - klanglich seeehr gut, deutlich besser als die tung sol 6SN7 reissue!

tut sich da klanglich noch mehr bzw. haben die 6H8C auch ne nennenswerte einspielzeit?

horst

Etwas ist "absolut", wenn es ohne Bedingung wahr ist.

• Hello,

I have some tubes made for the navy to be used in a gyroscope. I think the brand name was Sperry ( name of the person who invented this design). I cannot imagine that they will send a submarine away for a long journey with a gyroscope containing tubes that would not be perfect.

Of course a durable tube with the right specs does not automatically give you a good sounding tube.

But i do know that rectifier tubes made for the army many decades ago can be used for more than 10 years without any problem. Of course i use them with choke inpt which gives them a much easier life.

greetings, eduard

• Hallo,

meine Erfahrung ist, das die meisten 6SN7GT oft nicht die Nominalwerte in Steilheit und Emission haben. Ich kann nicht sagen, weswegen das so ist, aber gerade Röhren aus US-Produktionen haben massive Streuungen. Ein paar gute 6SN7GT aus einem Bundle von 30-40 Röhren zu finden, ist oft Glückssache. Ich spreche hier nicht von runtergenudelten Röhren, sondern von (angeblicher) NOS-Ware. Bei den 6SN7GT aus englischer Produktion ist das nicht so. Teils haben die Röhren nur 60% Emission und auch einen ähnlichen Prozentwert in der Steilheit. Klanglich ist das dann oft sehr mau.

Auch mit den russischen 6SN7GT kann ich nicht viel anfangen, wenn ich so eine 6SN7GT in die Uchida stecke, klingt sie, als ob ich einen Vorhang vor den Lautsprechern habe. Das ganze Klangbild wirkt flacher und farbloser. Die Vergleichsröhre ist eine englische CV1988.

MfG

Robert

• I used 6H8C Tubes on the Amp I use the 6SN7 Tubes on.

After approx' 20 minutes, I was under the impression I was using a tube that would be a tube worth comparing to my vintage Ken Rad and Sylvania Tubes.

After about 45 minutes of usage, I was becoming quite concerned for my Amp and removed the 68HC, as the distortion produced had become unbearable.

• ich habe nochmal fünf 6H8C bekommen. alle von 1966/1967, alle sehr gute, enge emissionswerte. aber: kein getterspiegel sichtbar. vakuum trotzdem gut.

auf nachfrage erklärte der verkäufer, das waagerechte getterblech in bodennähe der röhre sorge für ein praktisch unsichtbaren getterspiegel am grund des glaskolbens. im übrigen sei diese variante gefragter als die mit schrägem getterblech und sichtbarem spiegel oberhalb des sockels.

muss ich wohl glauben...

Etwas ist "absolut", wenn es ohne Bedingung wahr ist.